Wednesday, January 12, 2005

fan mail from some flounder

this was a response from the woman who booked us. she was retorting to me bitching (mildly and politely hopefully) about us getting no acknowledgement from official borders personel.

Hi Art,

I've heard from several employees who said your music was great, and I usually don't hear anything but complaints, so I know they were into it.

We had a few customers who said it was a bit too loud, but a manager should have asked you to turn it down a bit in that case. I do apologize that no one greeted you. The manager on duty should be there to greet you and make sure you have everything you need. They should also make overhead announcements prior to 8pm. 

I'll touch base with the other stores to make sure they follow our standard protocol. 

Thank you for the feedback. One of the drawbacks to my job is that I can't be at all of the events to make sure things are handled as they should be.

Please let me know how things go at the other stores.

Thank you,
Chris

5 Comments:

Blogger The Cleaning Ladys said...

Art-
Just for the record, some guy named Jim at Borders welcomed me and showed me where all the PA stuff was kept. Of course, you wouldn't know that, since that happened before you arrived which was ten minutes before we were supposed to begin playing ($50 fine!). And he gave me a coffee on the house! My disappointment was that he didn't stick around when we were finished to pay us (what? we were doing it for free? where's our manager?!). Also, during half-time, we were very politely asked to turn down, which we did – until our pyrotechnic finish that took out the expresso bar and half of the self-help book section. Oh, and they never showed us where the dressing rooms were, which may explain their huffy attitude when we changed behind the gift calendars. But all-in-all (whatever that means), they were nice people and it's a pleasure playing somewhere that's clean, easy and we don't have to show up at 5:30 PM to set up for a show that begins at midnight. And it's especially nice to play where some of the people are even paying attention. So call them right now an apologize, because we can't afford to…uh, never mind.
See ya Friday.
Scott

11:00 PM  
Blogger One F said...

Hey~

Are you guys blogging each other? Don't you see each other at practice or something? Oh . . . right.

10:07 AM  
Blogger One F said...

Also, for the Feb show, could y'all put up a diary that allows us fans to suggest old songs? I would like to hear "New is new" "Where I live" and "Jimmy take your Pills"

10:15 AM  
Blogger The Cleaning Ladys said...

Art-
When you have some time, would you explain to Jef why these issues don't get discussed at practice – the demands of our diligent rehearsing, our intense focus on attaining peak musical and physical performance and the various legal orders that mandate a significant distance be kept between us at our rehearsal space.
Oh, also, I'm almost out and I've had another flare-up, so can you bring some more of that ointment to the gig tonight?
Scott

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:53 AM  

<< Home